Online Yellow Belt Series Version III
Business Improvement and Six Sigma made simple
The PMI Online Yellow is an accessible way to learn about the tools, method and benefits of business improvement and six sigma. Delivered in a modular online format, it is the ideal way to introduce and share knowledge of what’s involved in a six sigma initiative. Newly updated to include our award winning Lean content; the Online Yellow Belt plays out a fictitious business improvement case study in a “soap opera” setting helping learners to gain familiarity with the tools, terminology and method without the need for formal classroom training. At the end of the 33 module series, learners are awarded a certificate of completion to recognise their “Yellow Belt” level of awareness.
The series takes users around the entire PMI Improvement Cycle – our proven methodology for business process improvement. Along the way theoretical concepts are presented and then applied by the team at Presto Pizza, our fictional case study company.
What are the benefits?
Users will gain an appreciation of the following tools:
- Learn how a process is performing: Flowcharts, 5S, Lean Wastes, Measures
- Histograms, Control Charts, Capability Value Stream Mapping
- Define a project: Chartering, Forming Teams and SIPOC
- Investigate root causes: Cause/Effect, Pareto, Scatter Diagrams, 5 Whys
- Remove waste from a process: 5R’s, Flow and Pull, Work Balancing
- Test and study potential solutions: Idea Generation, PDSA, Control Charts
- Implement improvements: Stakeholder Analysis, Skills matrices, Gantt Charts
- Lock in improvements: Visual Management, Mistake-proofing, Standardisation
Who's it for?
PMI’s Online Yellow belt is written for those who are interested in business improvement either as a member of an improvement team, have colleagues involved in improvement or are just interested in finding out about this powerful methodology.
How does it work?
Our e-Learning content is available either over the web using our online learning management system or it can be installed on your own systems if you have a learning management system in place. We can provide pretty much everything – from user support to the messages you want communicating – to help you get the most out of your investment. You can purchase to suit your own requirements from one copy “off the shelf” to deploy immediately to multi-user corporate licences and even customised versions for your business improvement programme.
- 12 month online access from anywhere
- Dedicated user support by phone and email
- 33 modules which cover the entire PMI Improvement Cycle
- Access to updates and revisions
- PMI Project Leader’s Handbook
This course is eligible for 4 CPD Points