CLIENTS ACHIEVE SUCCESS WITH PMI
Providing Bespoke Consulting Support
25,000 employees in 68 countries with 160 Inland Service Operations and a $4.8bn annual turnover.
PMI were asked to work with this global logistics and transportation company across the Africa, Middle East region which has 10,000 employees, $1bn turnover. The company operate profitably within that region however this is not sustainable when faced with current and emerging challenges:
- Political instability across the region
- Worsening global economy affecting revenue
- Significant asset base with limited expertise to maintain and improve it
- Social issues, specifically Heath and Safety performance, which was unacceptable
- Target of increasing profit by 16% in 2013
Greater dialogue, engagement and alignment between Regional and Business Unit facilities, and BU to BU.
Functionally aligned improvement plans
Greater insight into losses and their associated costs so projects are targeting the right things.
As an illustration, One BU delivered:
- 14% uplift in Volume
- 10% improvement on Productivity
- In 2012 there was greater than $1m savings identified across the region as a result of the above.
PMI were engaged in order to support the business at Regional and Business Unit level.
Key components of this work included:
- Working with the Regional CEO to define and describe the Business Aim
- A series of Leadership alignment workshops, within the Regional office and Business units across the region PMI also provided specific,
Bespoke consulting interventions including:
- Working alongside BU CEOs to design and enable specific, local improvement programmes
- Focused Green Belt coaching and project support, enabling delivery of business critical projects to deliver the 2012 Objectives
- Technical consulting around the principles, thinking and methods in Total Productive Maintenance (TPM)
- Systemic approach to coaching Commercial, Finance, HR, Engineering and Health & Safety functional managers.